Installer and Service Technician
Want steady work, great pay with benefits and a company vehicle? If desk jobs aren’t for you and you enjoy working with your hands become a garage door installer or service technician at Banko Overhead Doors. Begin a career that provides the job security you’ve been looking with the training and tools you need to be successful at Banko Overhead Doors. INTERESTED IN RELOCATING? Ask us about our relocation package; we’d love you to join the team in Florida.
This position entails the servicing and/or installing of residential and commercial garage doors and garage door openers. Technical and mechanical experience is preferred, but we are willing to train. The position will also need to be able to educate and recommend solutions to the customer as it relates to garage door and opener upgrades, as at times it is better to replace than to repair. Banko will arm you with the information necessary for that conversation or will send a design consultant when appropriate. Banko is a performance based company and technicians are paid by the piece, so hard work equals top pay. Banko Overhead Door also provides a company vehicle and tools needed to be successful.
Experience and Education:
- Relevant proven prior experience in a related field of garage door and opener service, construction, framing, HVAC or related field
- Must have ability to communicate with customer in an up-sell and solution based conversation
- High School Education
- Associate or Bachelor Degree would be a plus
Competencies and Skill Set:
- Ability to troubleshoot and think independently
- Ability to move or lift 90 plus pounds
- Ability to read and understand directions and instructions
- Comfortable with face to face customer interaction
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to communicate with homeowners, builders and other trades professionally
- Flexible Style (“do whatever it takes” approach).
- Aptitude for problem solving; ability to determine solutions for customers.
- Motivated by money by doing piece work
- Assist in training new technicians or installers as needed.
- Responsible for safe driving of company vehicles.
- Responsible for safe work site, equipment, and truck.
- Assists in customer service issues in the garage door department.
- Reviews work orders for accuracy and completeness before departing to job site.
- Installing garage door openers and associated components.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Ability to work a full time schedule.
- Clean criminal background