- The Safety Coordinator position leads and directs the Driving, Health, and Safety programs for Banko Overhead Doors, Inc.
- The Safety Coordinator is responsible for the design, implementation, and management of all safety policies, procedures, and activities in accordance with all local, state, and federal (EPA, OSHA, etc.) requirements to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Additionally, the position monitors and measures compliance to standards and results of safety programs / activities implemented.
- Implementing and managing driver training from new hires, continuous and remedial. Providing oversight of the fleet as it relates to driving violations in the training and management of driver safety.
Role and Responsibilities
- Proactively develops and administers health and safety procedures and programs and monitors compliance to reduce risks.
- To ensure all driving policies and procedures are adhered to and work with management when disciplinary actions are needed.
- Evaluates the organizations facilities for safety and health risks.
- Help ensure that all facilities are inspected for conditions that pose potential safety problems.
- Ensures that corrective action is initiated by the supervisor responsible for the area and aids as needed to establish priorities and procedures.
- Develops inspection policies and establishes regular inspection schedules.
- Oversees a process and system for reporting, monitoring, and correcting safety problems.
- Represent the Organization’s interests when meeting with representatives of OSHA during formal inspections of facilities and assist in implementing corrective action and follow up with OSHA or other such agencies.
- Directs and oversees processes and procedures to train, counsel, and advise personnel on safety issues through management safety bulletins, newsletters, memos, formal training, and meetings to establish a proactive approach to providing a safe working environment.
- Conducts and/or supervises training sessions for emergency preparedness, confined spaces, electrical safety, machine guarding, fall protection, and forklift safety, new hire onboarding, among others.
- Oversee and direct the maintenance of the Emergency Action Plan, and other operating plant contingency plans including fire prevention and procedures for hurricane preparedness in accordance with government regulation and insurance company requirements.
- Coordinates and directs the first responder team providing First Aid training as needed.
- Monitors and controls industrial hygiene, which relates to the long-term effects of factors such as chemical exposure, noise, lighting, heat, humidity, and radiation.
- Ensure a system/program to provide first aid supplies and secure proper medical attention for injured employees.
- Oversee and direct the safety committee and ensure minutes of meetings are maintained and disseminated to appropriate parties, and that needed corrective/preventative action is implemented.
- Identifies and manages personal protective equipment needs for the site, as well as evaluates the effectiveness and functionality of required PPE.
- Serves as the plant liaison to the corporate EHS office for all environmental, health and safety issues.
- Performs safety validations of all new and/or modified equipment and / or processes.
- Evaluates and identifies areas of improvement from a safety and health perspective to ensure associate safety.
- Manages Workers Compensation including managing claims, return to work programs, restricted duty and coordinating case management with third party vendors.
- Attend hearings as needed on workers compensation cases.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- 5+ years of experience in a safety administrative capacity.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in safety related field.
- Demonstrated proficiency with data manipulation and report production.
- Must be well-organized, accurate, and attentive to detail.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of federal and state OSHA regulations.
- Previous experience in the construction industry (or similar industry).
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Banko Overhead Doors
**Applicants should not call in about job. All applicants should apply per the garagedoorjobs.com app or via email to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**