How to Program Your LiftMaster Universal Garage Door Mini Remote Model 374UT
One popular option with the LiftMaster series of garage door openers is the Universal Mini Remote (model 374UT). This small and practical remote is easy to carry around and offers practical access to your garage door opener.
The Mini Remote features two buttons for controlling two different openers: for a garage door and an outdoor gate, for example, or two different garage doors. The Universal Mini Remote Model 374UT will work with LiftMaster garage door openers manufactured after 1993 and that use photoelectric sensors.
Programming your Universal opener is easy when you follow these steps, which are also detailed in your owner’s manual:
- Step 1: Ensure your garage door is closed and all people and obstacles are clear of the door
- Step 2: Access one of the ‘Learn’ buttons on your LiftMaster (located on the back or side panel of the opener or the wall-mounted door control, if applicable)
- Step 3: Press and hold the bottom button for approximately 15 seconds
- Step 4: Verify that the blue LED turns solid
- Step 5: Press and release the ‘Learn’ button on your wall-mounted control twice (or once on your opener if you don’t have a wall-mounted control)
- Step 6: Select the button on your Universal Mini Remote that you would like to program
- Step 7: Press this button twice (three times for a ‘Genie’ garage door opener)
- Step 8: Note that the blue LED light may blink for up to 60 seconds
- Step 9: When the door or gate begins to open, press and release one of the buttons on your remote immediately to confirm the programming
- Step 10: Test your remote button — if it doesn’t work, repeat the procedure
- Step 11: Repeat the procedure to program the second remote button for a different door or gate
Benefit from all of the features and functions of your Universal Mini Remote by programming it according to these simple steps. You can always reprogram your remote at a later date if you want to change the function for a different door or gate, for example.
Here at Banko Overhead Doors, we’ve spent over three decades as a Florida leader in garage door installation and service and want you to get the most out of your investment. If you have any problems programming your LiftMaster Universal Remote, we can help.
What to Do If Your Remote Won’t Work
If you are unable to program your remote control, don’t worry. There could be a problem with your remote or with the opener unit itself. Simply contact our team of professionals and we’ll help you out. Often, we can troubleshoot remote control problems over the phone and help you program your LiftMaster Universal Remote in a few minutes.
If your first attempt at programming your remote according to the above steps doesn’t work, try starting again at the beginning to ensure you didn’t skip a step.
You can also arrange for a service visit if you’d like us to come to your home and inspect your garage door and opener and ensure everything is functioning properly. Simply follow the link to our contact page and choose a time that’s convenient for you. Come and discover why more Florida residents are turning to Banko Overhead Doors for all of their garage door and opener needs.