One of the most convenient features available in newer Honda vehicles is the ability to control various applications using your car’s touchscreen display. If you have a compatible vehicle, it can connect with the myQ® Connected Garage service, allowing you to monitor and control your garage from practically anywhere. Linking myQ to a Honda vehicle is as easy as following these steps.
Which Honda Models Connect to myQ Technology?
Before moving forward with the myQ Connected Garage service, confirm that your vehicle is compatible. You can connect myQ to Honda vehicles such as:
- Accord: 2016 to present
- Civic: 2016 to present
- Clarity: 2017-2021
- CR-V: 2017 to present
- Fit: 2017-2022
- HRV: 2019 to present
- Insight: 2019-2022
- Odyssey: 20017-2022
- Passport: 2019 to present
- Pilot: 2017 to present
- Ridgeline: 2017 to present
Your vehicle may offer connectivity even if you don’t see it here, so view the full list.
How to Connect myQ to Your Honda
Now that you know your car is compatible, you can merge myQ Connected Garage with the HondaLink™ app with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto™:
- First, download the myQ app and sign in or create an account. The myQ app will allow you to control your garage door and other connected devices from your phone. The next step is connecting the myQ app to your Honda vehicle.
- Next, download the Honda HondaLink™ app and sign in or register. Within the app, navigate to Manage Features, select myQ Connected Garage and follow the prompts the app provides.
- Now, connect your phone to your Honda vehicle using a USB cable or Bluetooth. With your phone connected, select Apple CarPlay or Android Auto™. You will see a myQ button on your screen that you can tap to operate the door and check its status.
What Can You Do After Connecting myQ to Honda?
Connecting myQ to your Honda will unlock many convenient options.
You can open or close your garage door from any location, which comes in handy during your everyday commute because you can activate your opener by tapping your screen. You can also open or close the door from afar if you forget to close it or if a family member needs access when you’re away from home.
The myQ app also allows you to check your door’s status, giving you peace of mind if you can’t remember whether you closed the door on your way out of the driveway.
Connect With Banko Garage Doors
At Banko Garage Doors, we provide residential garage door openers that are compatible with myQ technology. Our staff can help you find an opener that meets your needs and equip it with a myQ monitor. For more on our openers or myQ technology, please contact us online today!