How to Program a LiftMaster Garage Door to Your Car’s HomeLink
So, you’ve recently purchased a new car that has the capability of programming your garage door opener to the actual vehicle, and you’re ready to program everything and ditch your old opener remote. Having this capability, often referred to as HomeLink, adds convenience and ease to your daily comings and goings from home. You’ll have peace of mind from knowing you always have your garage door remote and that it won’t be lost or accidentally left at home. You can also share garage door access by giving the old remote to a friend or family member.
Programming Your Garage Door Opener to Your Car
Most homeowners use their garage door openers multiple times per day, and it’s important to ensure you have easy and reliable access to your home. One way to always have dependable garage door access is by programming your car’s HomeLink remote system. Many newer cars have a set of three HomeLink buttons installed inside the car on the roof or visor on the driver’s side that can be easily programmed to operate your home’s garage door opener.
To program your car’s HomeLink system, follow these steps:
- Find a garage door remote that currently operates the door.
- Choose which HomeLink button you want to program to move the door.
- Press the desired button until the light placed above the buttons blinks slowly.
- While holding the HomeLink button, also press the remote on your garage door opener until the HomeLink button blinks rapidly.
- Test if the programming was successful by pressing the HomeLink button and waiting for your garage door to respond.
Troubleshooting Your Garage Door Opener
If the above steps didn’t successfully program your car’s HomeLink system to your garage door opener, you may need to perform additional steps to link the two devices.
You’ll first have to locate your garage door opener’s learn button. This device is responsible for easily programming remotes and garage door accessories or clearing the machine’s memory. Typically, for a LiftMaster garage door opener, the learn button will be a red, orange, green, purple or yellow button located on the back panel of the machine.
Once you’ve located your garage door opener’s learn button, try these steps to link your HomeLink buttons to your opener:
- Press and release your garage door opener’s learn button.
- Within 30 seconds, press and hold the HomeLink button in your car.
- Holding the HomeLink button will connect the car to the machine’s signal.
- If the pairing was successful, the light on your LiftMaster machine will blink once.
- Test the system by pressing the button inside your car and waiting for the door to respond.
Need Help Programming Your Opener to Your Car? Call Banko Overhead Doors Today!
When you’ve read over your manufacturer’s instructions and tried programming your remote with no luck, call the full-time technicians at Banko Overhead Doors to help. Our team has over 30 years of experience installing, repairing and maintaining garage door openers throughout Tampa Bay and the surrounding areas. We have the tools and expertise to help program your car to your garage door opener quickly.
At Banko Overhead Doors, we pride ourselves on offering only the highest-quality garage door parts and services, and we are dedicated to providing exceptional customer experiences. We’re proud to exclusively stock and install the most reliable and advanced LiftMaster garage door openers available. We also offer free installation estimates as well as rapid response services and fair pricing with no hidden costs.
If you need help setting up your car’s garage door opener, contact us online or call us today at 813-882-9900.