Many homeowners are beginning to modernize the exterior of their homes to today’s design aesthetics and finishes. For the best results, homeowners are seeking the perfect blend of contemporary features, improved home efficiency and functionality, added curb appeal and increased home value. Another crucial decision to consider when deciding which home improvement project is right for your home is which ones also offer a significant return on investment. One of the fastest, most affordable and overall lucrative redesign projects you can invest in is a new garage door.
Does a New Garage Door Increase Home Value?
A new garage door for your home offers one of the largest returns on investment for home improvement projects — average homeowners can expect to receive an average of 85 percent. Many homeowners use their garage doors as the primary entrance to their homes, and a new garage door can add convenience and smoother operations.
A new garage door is also a valuable asset to your home because they typically offer the following benefits:
- Improved Energy Efficiency: Many newer garage doors are crafted from the highest quality materials, are customizable and have an added insulation layer. With these improvements, modern garage door designs are much more energy-efficient than their predecessors. With better air transference control, your indoor environments can remain more consistent. This means your HVAC system won’t have to work as hard or frequently and you’ll save money on annual heating and cooling costs.
- Better Security: Many older garage doors have flaws that intruders can manipulate to enter your home. Older garage doors don’t lock as securely and have poor opener motors, making it easier to lift the door from the outside. They also don’t have rolling door code technology, which makes it possible for someone to duplicate your opener frequency. Newer garage doors feature better, more secure locking systems, and many newer garage door openers create unique codes every time you open your garage door, making it impossible to duplicate.
- Modern Safety Features: Along with better security systems, new garage doors also feature the latest safety improvements, like photo eye sensors and automatic reverse systems, so the door cannot close on a person or object.
- Added Curb Appeal: With a new garage door, you show visitors that you care about the condition and appearance of your home. Modern garage door styles are a great way to revamp the look of your home or change its visual aesthetic completely.
- Increased Home Value: When selling your home, a huge selling point is the curb appeal of your home, and many of the most contemporary garage door designs can really accentuate the natural charm and architecture of your home. This boost in visual interest, as well as improved garage door functionality and efficiency, makes it appealing to potential buyers.
Reimagine the Look of Your Home With Banko Overhead Doors
At Banko Overhead Doors, we have the largest selection of high-quality, beautiful residential garage doors you can choose from in the Greater Tampa Area. Our skilled and creative team can work closely with you to find products and finishes that best accentuate the exterior of your home, suit your personal tastes and fit your budget.
For help selecting and designing a new garage door to add value to your home, consult with our professionals today by calling 813-737-0675 or completing our online contact form to request an estimate.
Additional Resources on Garage Door Tips and Tricks:
- How to Check the Balance of Your Garage Door
- 10 Cool Garage Door Designs and Automation Ideas
- Common Garage Door Myths